Copyright © eeny meeny miny moe
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, April 10, 2011

Story of us

I spent the Sunday morning watching ''Ice Kacang Puppy Love" (初恋红豆冰) featuring Ah Niu and Lee Sin-Jie. Well, I would say it's a nice movie with simple storyline. I like how the director use old settings to film the scene which dated back probably 1970s or 80s. It is nostalgic with kids playing with 'guli' and fighting fish, writting letter to make confessions and how they grow up together.

Well, the movie sort of bring back the memory I have with him. He is my neighbour who lives just two houses away. We came to know each other since we're very young, about 7 or 8 years old, but he is older than me a year. I still remember how his mum always liked to compared his height with mine and start teasing him that he will be shorter than me if he didn't want to eat vegetables.
We spent most of our childhood playing badminton and cycling. Whenever there's a school holidays, he'll be my badminton coach training me to play better with two other neighbours. When we're bored, we like to go cycling in the neighbourhood. From the small bicycle till the mountain bike, it seems like growing with us. One of my vivid memory was the bike racing. We used to race and compete to see who reach the end point first.
There was once I cycled too fast and when I'm about to turn into the alley, I fell into the drain together with my bike. The next moment I knew was he was helping me to clean my wound on my knee.
He always called me 'Ah Ling... Ah Ling...' till one day he went like 'What's your name exactly? Is it Wang Xing Ling? Then you definitely know how to dance 'Ai Ni'. I rolled my eyes ignored him.

Just when mobile phone became a norm, we sometimes chatted over the phone. One fine day, I received a confession text from him. But I replied 'Crazy ar you!' Since then we seldom talk nor meet up.
As time went by, all the memories were laid behind and forgotten while we moved on. Occasionally, we will nod and smile if I pass by his house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment